In-Service Continuing Education Credit Guidelines
All CASA Volunteers are required to have 12 hours of continuing education per calendar year. All continuing education hours must be approved by your supervisor. This list is not all-inclusive. Please check with your supervisor to ask about anything not on this list.
What qualifies as continuing education?
- Reading approved books and magazine articles and turning in a brief summary
- Watching approved movies and turning in a brief summary
- Attending webinars and turning in a brief summary
- Attending monthly in-service sessions
- Attending approved conferences & classes
- Approved On-Line Training
- Attending Advocate Support Group Meeting
- Brown bag lunch with discussion between advocate and staff
- Meeting between advocate and supervisor
- CASA ON THE GO – podcast